Most of us understand common homosexual slang like “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” For those who haven’t, you are one — and you also don’t even understand.
Put together from dictionaries and glossaries featuring centuries of queer slang from around the world, listed here are 50 unusual or out-of-use expressions that you really need to agree to memory. “Over the connection to Pimpleton” we get.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual pilot that is male serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or someone that is checking, British term refers to examining the thing of one’s affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – incredibly wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Tonight Example: “Did you see her at the club? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a masculine woman, closely linked to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to women that are queer seem like vehicle motorists.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is sporty and athletic. Your message denotes that she’s the not the sort to put on makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and is true of a far more normal look.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a homosexual that is young looking for older males; see also: Chicken hawk, talking about an adult homosexual male in search of more youthful lovers.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for setting up in public places restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male that is dishonorably released from the Navy with regards to their sex; see also: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solo after attempting to choose somebody up and failing.
9. Doris Day (letter. ) – 90s South African slang for Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from viewing others participate in sexual intercourse.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male used by the hospitality industry, such as for instance a concierge or even a bellhop at a resort http://www.camsloveaholics.com/cameraprive-review.
12. Fish and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the partner and kids of the married lover that is“heterosexual.
13. Complete household (n. ) – term utilized to denote having one or more intimately sent disease at the same time.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, presently searching for intercourse.
15. Grimm’s fairy (letter. ) – often used to explain an aging homosexual male, comparable to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – shortened form of the expressed word“heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the belated nineteenth century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron along with his compatriots up to a bisexual individual; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” talking about a bisexual feminine.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain into the century that is 16th relate to an untameable, crazy girl or even a tomboy.
19. Frozen dessert (n. ) – thereforeme body so sweet that the desire is had by you to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate homosexual males that have a romantic but non-sexual relationship, frequently close friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – person in deep denial about their sexuality that is own whom might never ever turn out.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – used to a really effeminate male that is homosexual.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, attempting to pick up other individuals’ mates.
26. Happy Pierre (letter. ) – the middleman in a Eiffel Tower.
27. Skip Congeniality (letter. ) – exceedingly negative term talking about an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mom Superior (n. ) – older and wiser male that is gay ‘s been around the block several times; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – exceedingly outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than a person who is “queerer than the usual three-dollar bill. ”
30. Regarding the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or casual intercourse. See additionally: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – someone who has also been split up with.
32. On the bridge to Pimpleton (letter. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term talking about an exceptionally straight-acting and usually masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – during intercourse, the one who carries out the bottom part. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian sex that is vaginal.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (letter. ) – gay male who enjoys the organization of lesbians, comparable to “Fruit Fly” for straight females.
37. Saturday Evening Lesbian (letter. ) – term for lesbians whom promote themselves as heterosexual on the normal weekdays and will be into the cabinet to buddies and co-workers.
38. Trousers (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term to a lesbian; see additionally: “Muffer” or Fish that is“Kissing.
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, frequently more pejorative, since it suggests a” demeanor that is“bitchy.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs away with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay males who head out interested in hookups late through the night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male who can perhaps maybe not provide dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a homosexual male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: you’ve definitely heard this one if you live in Germany. English and American German-speakers have actually a negative practice of saying “Ich bin hot” on hot times, being unsure of what they’re actually saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – A caucasian individual.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male that is neither a twink nor a bear, but falls someplace in between your two poles; comparable to a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for a club whose clients mainly contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys sex in public areas, particularly in outside venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, also called “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic nineteenth century expression talking about a male homosexual
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy that takes place in an area that is public such as for instance a bathhouse or perhaps a club.
Note: Autostraddle features a great set of lady-centric queer expressions, a number of which were included right here. Check always out of the sleep to their web site. Madison Moore also offers a list explaining best wishes homosexual slang that is black.
Have the best of idea Catalog in your inbox.
Subscribe to the idea Catalog Weekly and obtain the very best stories through the week to your inbox every Friday.
You might unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you consent to the regards to our Privacy declaration.
In regards to the writer
Find out more about believe Catalog and our authors on our about page.