- Why BUSKING @*SCAPE?
- *SCAPE supports youth, talent and leadership development. Like many of *SCAPE’s initiatives, BUSKING@*SCAPE aims to motivate and empower youth to realise their potential, and offers a series of programmes for them to learn new skills, harness their creativity, and create something impactful while cultivating an enterprising spirit. Youth are encouraged to DREAM IT AND LIVE IT AT *SCAPE! In this spirit, and leveraging the fact that *SCAPE is a designated busking location, we hope that youth can bring their creativity and innovativeness, connect with other youths and re-imagine what busking could be!
- What is BUSKING@*SCAPE?
- BUSKING@*SCAPE is committed to providing a supportive environment for youth to hone their busking skills or simply to try out fresh ideas. Through BUSKING@*SCAPE, youth buskers can reach out to a wider audience and be part of a community of interest.
- What do I need in order to busk at *SCAPE?
- All youth between the ages of 15 and 35, who is either a Singaporean or PR, interested and/or curious in busking are welcome.
- Can I busk if I am under 15 years of age or above 35?
- Yes, you can! We just ask that within a group, at least 50% of the members are between 15 – 35 years old.
- Do I need parental consent if I am below 18 years of age?
- Yes. All youth below 18 years of age will have to complete an additional parental/guardian consent form. After the registration process, a separate form will be sent to you via email.
- Do I need to go for an audition before I can busk at *SCAPE?
- No. Audition is not required, just register with *SCAPE.
- Is there a maximum number of performers within a busking act?
- For safety, groups are advised to keep a maximum of 10 members. For eBUSKING, due to technical complexity, we only allow solo buskers.
- Are there restrictions to the busking acts?
- No. All genres are welcome.
- What is the maximum number of performers?
- For safety, groups are advised to keep to a maximum of 10 members. For eBUSKING, only one performer.
- What types of acts can I bring to *SCAPE?
- All genres are welcome. As busking takes place in a shared public space, please be mindful and respectful of other users of the space. For instance, *SCAPE is surrounded by shops, hotels, residences and offices, please keep your volume just above the level of background street noise and ensure that it is not distorted. For further information, please refer to the BUSKING@*SCAPE Terms and Conditions.
- Can I sell my album during my busking act?
- Yes, you can price any items/merchandise related to your act for sale during your busking act.
- Where exactly within *SCAPE can I busk?
- Please busk only at the designated spot at *SCAPE’s Front of House (in front of *SCAPE’s sign next to McDonalds).
- For eBUSKING, it will be on *SCAPEmusicSG Twitch at twitch.tv/scapemusicsg.
- Does *SCAPE provide equipment and power source?
- *SCAPE does not provide any equipment nor power source, buskers are advised to bring their own equipment (preferably battery operated, if applicable).
- For eBUSKING, music live streaming equipment will be provided for those who are unable to provide for themselves. Our team will make the arrangements upon confirming with the buskers.
- Are buskers allow to receive gratuity from the public?
- Yes, buskers are allowed to receive gratuity during their busking act. However, they are to refrain from approaching the public aggressively.
- No one is occupying the designated spot at *SCAPE, can I just busk as and when I arrive at *SCAPE?
- For a smooth and enjoyable BUSKING@*SCAPE experience, let us know when you have arrived! Also, between now and 31 December 2019, as there are many other planned programmes in and around *SCAPE, we will be opening slots for busking only between Fridays and Sundays, from 1200H to 2200H.
- How will I know my preferred date and time is available?
- An email confirmation will be sent to you within 3 working days.
- What happens when there are multiple youth eyeing the same slot?
- In the event that multiple expressions of interest have been received for the same slot, *SCAPE will allocate the slot on a first come first served basis.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.