Listed here are typical installation directions for the ONAN 5500 Gas/Diesel/Propane having a 8-pin generator wiring harness.
Note: For action 7 you will have to buy 14-gauge electric cable for the run from our ShorePower track to your transfer switch mail order bride legit.
Turn-off your generator AC circuit breakers in order to avoid disruption of coast energy solution during testing and installation of ShorePower track.
Determine the following 4 cables on your own generator wiring harness.
Make use of a tape or label to mark each cable so that you won’t forget which wire is which.
- A – Ground – Brown
- B – Stop – Green
- C – Begin – Red
- E – Run – Orange
The wires are labeled on the harness as follows on a typical ONAN 10-pin wiring harness
- A – Ground
- C – Begin
- E – Stop
- F – Run
NOTE: The pin connections above are typical ONAN connections. Only a few ONAN generators have actually the same generator wiring harness connections as some might have been changed because of the dealer or RV maker. Make certain you have actually precisely identified the 4 cables properly before proceeding with step three.
Connect one Posi-Tap to each regarding the 4 cables identified in step two.
Result in the connection through the ShorePower track towards the Posi-Taps (wiring harness) depending on the wiring diagram supplied.
- Green wire to E AVOID
- Red cable to C BEGIN
- Brown cable to A GROUND
- Orange cable to FRUN
Remember to link the wires that are correct the wiring harness even as we utilize red-colored cables over and over again.
On our installation photo we utilized white cables to extend into the harness as a result of location of y our product. The closer the installation of y our device towards the wiring harness will assist you to utilize the provided wire that is 4-foot we offer.
- Connect the red cable from the ShorePower Monitor (I3) to at least one region of the enable switch utilizing the provided Posi-Lock or a crimp connector.
- Link the next red cable (supplied in the zip-lock case) to another part for the switch that is enable. One other end with this wire that is red fundamentally get in touch to your positive battery terminal.
- Link the red cable through the enable switch plus the red cable from (L+) in the ShorePower track to your +12 VDC (Positive battery terminal).
- Link the black colored cable (M) regarding the ShorePower track to ground (any steel in your RV).
Through the ShorePower Monitor Power Converter ( See wiring diagram B – Transfer Switch Connection):
You will need 14-gauge stranded wire that is electrical the run from our product to your transfer switch.
- Connect (L) on our MeanWell Power Converter to a single region of the 110 Volts from the transfer switch.
- Link the (N) on our MeanWell Power Converter to your center connection (common) from the transfer switch
The ShorePower track & the MeanWell Power Converter should both have their green light in, if most of the cables, such as the cables into the transfer switch, have already been properly connected. .
- To check the machine switch on the ALLOW Switch and disconnect from coast energy. The green light on the MeanWell goes down and in around 20 moments our product will auto-start your generator.
- Let generator run for approximately a minute then re-connect to shore energy and our device will immediately shut-off your generator in approximately 10-12 moments. The light that is green the MeanWell can come straight right straight back on.
ESSENTIAL NOTE: switching the ALLOW CHANGE On or OFF will not impact the green light on the ShorePower track or MeanWell. Those two light will always be on IF the ShorePower Monitor is properly connect and you have shore power. The ALLOW CHANGE merely allows or disables monitoring.
This is just what a typical set-up will appear to be as soon as it is finished. You will see other consumer installation photos by clicking here.