Is there an age restriction for #SOIMPACT Bootcamp and is it only open to Singaporeans/ Singapore PR?
No, it is not a requirement for participants to be under 35 years old, nor do you’ve to be a Singaporean/ Singapore PR to be selected for the Bootcamp.
However, if your team is qualified for the grant, under raiSE’s VentureForGood (Youth) grant, the key applicant for the grant must be under 35 and a Singaporean/ Singapore PR.
What is the number of people to be in a team?
The maximum number of members you can send to the Bootcamp is 4. You can send less than 4 members to the Bootcamp.
How many teams will be chosen?
Only 10 team teams will be shortlisted and assessment is on a rolling basis.
What is the selection process?
All applicants are required to join the half day Pitching Masterclass, followed by a pitching to an evaluation panel. Selected candidates to the bootcamp will be informed within 3 working days.
Is there a fee to #SOIMPACT Bootcamp?
- If at least one of your team members is a member of HubQuarters, there is no fee to the bootcamp.
- However, if none of your team members are part of HubQuarters, the bootcamp fee is S$270, which also gives you a 1-year access to HubQuarters co-working space (located at *SCAPE level 4), with the following perks and more:
- Co-working space access from Monday to Saturday 9am-9pm, Free WIFI, Meeting Rooms (2 hours/ week), Mailing Address, Printing services, Access to pantry, Discounted venue rental, Advisory/Mentorship, Workshops/Seminar/Talks, Community Events, etc.
Note that a deposit of S$30 will be collected upon sign up to HubQuarters.
What is the crowdfunding campaign?
From 6 June 2018 (Wed), all teams are encouraged to create their crowdfunding campaign on GIVE.asia. The campaign will run from 6 June 2018 (Wed) to 8 July 2018 (Sun) for teams to validate their ideas and garner support from the community. Outcomes from the crowdfunding campaign will contribute to the final judging criteria.
Three teams will be selected at the end of the Pitch Session and the selected teams will receive dollar-for-dollar matching (up to S$3,000 per team) for the amount raised from their crowdfunding campaigns.
What is the judging criteria?
Teams will be scored on the following:
- Idea and progress from Workshop to Pitch Session – 50%
- Amount raised from Crowdfunding Campaign – 25%
- Number of backers from Crowdfunding Campaign – 25%
Any other questions?
If you have any other questions with regards to #SOIMPACT Bootcamp, contact us at email@example.com.